I'll take away your stuff!
Have you ever decluttered loads of stuff only to have it end up in new piles that you don’t know how to get rid of?
One of the biggest challenges of decluttering is figuring out what to do with items you no longer want, especially when you want to do it in an environmentally friendly way. Even if you do know where to take them, do you have the time and energy to do it?
Professional organizers like me not only help you decide what to keep and what to let go of, many of us also physically remove unwanted items from your home. Sit back and relax as we drive off into the sunset with a carload of stuff!
Quite a haul
At the end of every decluttering session, I load up my car and drive off leaving you feeling 100 pounds lighter. Here’s what I recently took away from a 3-hour decluttering session.
Now that's a haul!
Not only do I find new homes for your items, I’m strategic about where I take them, doing my best to keep them out of the landfill. Here are some of the many places I take your goods:
- Household items and clothing to a charity like Goodwill, Mission of Deeds, and The Wish Project
- Damaged clothing and linens to textile recycling
- Blankets and towels to a local vet or animal shelter
- Prescription medications to the police station
- Old electronics to a recycling center
- Art supplies to a local school
- Food and toiletries to a local food pantry
- Plants to a local senior home
- Toys to organizations like Cradles to Crayons or Savers
- Unique or better-quality items to local “pay it forward” Facebook groups
And if I don’t know how to get rid of something, I have a nationwide network of organizers (my fellow NAPO members) whom I can ask for suggestions.
Most organizers don’t drive away with trash, but we can help you get rid of that, too. I like to work with companies like JunkLuggers and Clean Out Your House, who will pick up your junk and recycle or consign as many items as they can before disposing of the rest.
Finally, for items you want to sell, I can recommend consignment, estate sale, and auction businesses, like MaxSold or Clearinghouse Estate Sales, and even help you get ready for the sale.
Let someone else lighten your load
If you’re getting ready to declutter but don’t want to deal with the logistics of getting rid of your items, consider a professional organizer and watch your unwanted belongings magically disappear. If this sounds like a dream come true, contact me for a free consultation today!